What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID of bazooka rocket part

timefuze

Hi there,

Recently found a shredded circular piece of twisted copper with some holes through it. It barely visible reads: 1942 M20A1 BOOSTER N1556 something. I think it's a part of a bazooka rocket but would like to know which part exactly: is it the cover of the rocket nozzle that's blasted backwards when the bazooka rocket is fired, or is it an internal piece of the bazooka rocket itself?

Any helping hint on this is highly appreciated!
Thanks,

TimefuzeDSCN6044.jpg

Can't seem to relate this to any Bazooka rocket bit, thats if you are talking about the 2.36inch type. Could be from a booster of a shell.

M20_M28A2_cutaway.gif
Hi BMG.50,

Could it be the part marked "disk and closure" in the middle of the bazooka grenade? Or do you think it is from a rocket booster of for example US 127mm airplane rockets?

Thanks,

Timefuze

You've got the wrong rocket. The 3.5-inch in your picture did not exist in 1942, it came about sometime after the war.

It is a cover plate from a booster M-20 as used in most artillery projectiles. This booster is almost identical to the booster M-21 as in the attached in the picture.

Attachments

• Booster M21A4.jpg
    Booster M21A4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 31
Thanks a lot blu97! The ID matches with the history of the place where I found this. I was already wondering why the hell a bazooka grenade was fired on that spot.

Nice to have people around like you that can identify even a shred of metal!

Regards,

timefuze