What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID on bomb

Hey all,
new to the forum here and loving it so far:p i have a bomb i just picked up. so far i have verified it to be an 11 1/2 lb british(i think) practice bomb. the markings on it are 11 1/2 L.R.I
S.S.E 49
I assume 49 means the year and the 11 1/2 are how much it weighs/ category. as to the L.R.I and the S.S.E i have no idea. can you guys help me out a bit??

thanks so much:p

Attachments

• SAM_1330.jpg
    SAM_1330.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 72
  • SAM_1339.jpg
    SAM_1339.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 80
  • SAM_1341.jpg
    SAM_1341.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 86
alrighty then:) awesome, thanks for the info. so as it is now, is there any danger in it at all?? im guessing probably not but im just asking because i have already had one incident where i brought home a live 2 inch white phophorus mortar bomb and a practice PIAT bomb:p the cops had a field day with those, wouldn;t come anywhere near em:p EOD from greenwood base had to come down and blow them up:p wish i had kept that PIAT though. it was worth around 300 or so....