What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

id please

noggen666

i have found a load of these on a ww2 site was wondering if any body could id them they are made of some sort of alloy and have a tread in one end but not the other they are hollow you can see right through them but they must be military to be on this site as every thing else is thanks i know what the key tag is as it has it wrote on it

Attachments

• metal detecting finds 008.JPG
    metal detecting finds 008.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 60
  • metal detecting finds 011.JPG
    metal detecting finds 011.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 47
  • metal detecting finds 012.JPG
    metal detecting finds 012.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 46
  • metal detecting finds 013.JPG
    metal detecting finds 013.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 40
Perhaps the site location (Army or Airforce) you found them might be a hint
to the origin of these items. BTW, what are the dimentions of these tube things?

Cheers, Jan

id

hi they were found on a d-day training ground there were british canadian and yank on this site it was army infantry they are half inch in diameter
and about inch and a half to 2 inches long they are made of alloy i think they may be some sort of fuse piece or like i dont know i have found grenades and bullets there and piat practice rounds there to i will try and put better pics on here in a couple days or so

pics

here are some better pics of the bits

Attachments

• metal detecting finds 007.jpg
    metal detecting finds 007.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 37
  • metal detecting finds 006.jpg
    metal detecting finds 006.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 32
  • metal detecting finds 005.jpg
    metal detecting finds 005.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 27