What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ident required please

F

Fuzeman

Can anyone identify the markings on the base of a 30.5 Cm shell please
Drawing attached , any help much appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• Sandy.jpg
    Sandy.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 112
Great thanks ,very much do you have any documentation on it please

Sorry, I do not have that. I have two 100 % Swedish cases, caliber 37 mm and 40mm with several stamps including ADK.

Ok many thanks do they also have the anchor mark on them please a picture would be nice to see.

I may be totally wrong (again) but : Arm Depot Karlsborg ??

Yes, they had anchor stamp on naval ordnance.

Sorry Steve,
it's only from my poor old memory. There was an excellent website on Swedish artillery but it has disappeared some time ago.
I also have a couple of smaller Swedish cases with the same triangle stamp, and anchors as well.

Steve, I see you are a middle man. S. sent me a personal e-mail that I just responded to then opened BOCN and saw this. LuckilyI agreed with what was said on the thread. I have seen the marking on known Swedish ordnance but none of my Swedish manuals nor my Swedish dictionary of technical and military acronyms has it listed. I have been in discussions in the past as to whether it is ADK or DAK, but since I can't find either I may never know. My guess, like the previous one in the thread, is that it is the mark for Karlsborgfabriksverk or Ammunitionsfabriken (Amf) Karlsborg or Karlsborg Arsenal, pick a timeframe. I did see a listing of a Karlskrona "Karlsborg" Naval Arsenal, Karlskrona, Blekinge which is in southern Sweden. Might explain the anchor, but I know nothing about it. Hopefully someone will come up with the real story and get me out of this mess of guessing.

Steve,

The only Swedish gun that I am aware of in that calibre is the 30.5cm Festungshabitze L/30 which was a coast defence gun. But that gun was bag charge .....:questionmark:

BD

Thanks BD
the largest guns in the Channel Islands were Russian 1 st world war battleship guns, they too were that calibre, will check out that information thanks

Here headstamp of a Swedish 25mm case from about 1920.

Attachments

• Swedish.jpg
    Swedish.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 26