What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification Confirmation 210mm German H Projo

HAZORD

Premium Member
I have attached some photos of what I believe is a WWI 210mm German Howitzer projo. It measures 210mm diameter at the bourrelet. It has two lifting holes a few inches below the fuzewell.

It came with the fuze shown, which is marked:

Gr Z 04 F & G 16

Can anyone tell which artiller piece/s fired this?

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• 210mm HE Side.jpg
    210mm HE Side.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 210mm with fuze.jpg
    210mm with fuze.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 53
  • 210mm HE fuzewell lifting hole.jpg
    210mm HE fuzewell lifting hole.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 41
Here are some drawings John,
Photo came from another site dont know anymore.

Attachments

• 198c.jpg
    198c.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 200c.jpg
    200c.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 3191514210_5d75538e14_b.jpg
    3191514210_5d75538e14_b.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Relay nice shell

i like this big boomers realy cool !!

i wish i had one nerver seen this kind of shell for sale !!

best regards David

Thanks Guys!

I've had cartridge cases for these for years, but never had a projo till now. The article on freeservers says there were 7 million of these fired by the end of the war. There should be more of them around.

John

badboy 21cm

Hi John, Well a day late and a dollar short as your 21 ID has been wrapped up. Just wanted to say that badboy is one nice projectile. And with such a nice GRZ04/14 fuze! Mine is wrecked and most are relic. The GRZ04/14 was also used on captured Belgian howitzers 21cm........Dano

Last edited:
Thanks Dano, the fuze has been fired and is a bit hammered, but looks good in the bullet. I believe this is one that I would never paint. Just leave it like it is.

agree

Totally see eye to eye with you on that one John, that shell looks great just as it is, and really rare over here as not too much big stuff from Great War made it to the states. Do you know how it got here? Dano

I don't know the story behind it. I got it from an estate, after the collector (my friend) had passed away. I know the story behind a few of the things, as his traveling partner told me. I have a 12 inch projo, that was fired by the coastal defense guns into San Francisco Bay, and drug up by a fishing net and 2 German SK 250 bombs that were found in Yugoslavia by EOD and brought over, but those are the only stories I have heard so far.

curiousity

I was just curious John, as on some pieces an "oral history" is passed every time it changes hands. Some of the relics I have I know if from Verdun or Somme etc... and in some cases even the salient. I write it down in a catalog of sorts because when I pass my kids will be only too quick to unload it all and lends to provenance of piece. I know my kids 26, 22 and 19 will unload it and probably get latest edition of guitar hero as they're all gizmo heads. At any rate there will be a marked catalog of the pieces that I do know where they were found so at least that part won't be lost. Dano