What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification - HC White Smoke Grenade

ammocat

Ordnance approved
Can anyone identify the HC White Smoke Grenade in the photo. I do not have any information on markings, etc, only the photo. I have tried to enlarge the symbol on the grenade body in hopes that this might be a manufacturers symbol. I am trying to determine manufacture, when it may have been produced, whether it is a military or police item and any other information about it that anyone might have.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• HC Grenade.jpg
    HC Grenade.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 49
  • HC Grenade Monogram.jpg
    HC Grenade Monogram.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 30
Yep, the symbol and markings in the photos identify it as being manufactured by Federal Laboratories Inc. USA for Worldwide Law Enforcement Sales. Federal Labs is now owned by Defense Technologies Inc. and they may be able to provide you with further information on the era of manufacture for your grenade if needed.

Link to manufacturers information on the current version of your grenade: http://www.defense-technology.com/products.aspx?pid=1083

Stay safe,

Frank

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and link, when I went onto the Product Spec Manual on the link it brought up specs on several grenades including the Federal F110HC and the markings on the grenade do appear to be 110 HC, so it looks like a match.

Thanks again for the help.

Great, no problem! When Defense Technologies picked up Federal Labs. the manufacture of Federal Labs. Products remained essentially the same, however the markings and model numbers were slightly changed to show the merge.

Stay safe,

Frank