What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification Needed (Fuse Wrench)

ehre_treue

account suspended
I just purchased this on ebay, can anyone give me an idea of what it may be for, below is the sellers description of the item....

Here we have something you don't see everyday and that would be an Antique Fuse Wrench, this is the tool that was used to put in and remove the fuses in the Artillery shells and cannon projectiles. Working face has two small nibs [about 7/8 inch across] that fit in the holes in the fuse so that it could be turned. Has a wooden knob that spins as you turn the handle.....I have been told that this fuse wrench dates from the WWI era but could go as far back as the Cvil War...Please see my photos and maake up your own mind...Is in at least Very Good condition, with no damage such as cracks, breaks or repaairs, wood knob has some minor play but is to be expected and doesn't detract

fuze wrench.jpg

It looks more like a primer key, for removal / insertion of primers into larger calibre cartridge cases.

Hello,
the idea of Ammotechxt is not wrong, I think more on a base fuze key, no ?

Yoda

Ok thanks for the tip. I was wondering if this could be used to remove the top caps from German Dopp.Z. If not maybe it could be used as a base for the design of such a tool.