What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification requested for a rocet motor

Freaky

Identification requested for this rocket motor. It has a diameter of 35mm. The fins diameter is 50.55mm. The lengths of the motor with the fins are 230mm.
I have found some markings on the fins saying: CXM-2-8 9-54 22
The exploded head has also some markings: CXM-2-8 10-54
Anyone got a clue? And does anyone have a spare head to trade?

Cheers
Freaky

CIMG2987.jpgCIMG2988.jpg

It looks like a late variant of the US 2.5 inch rocket M7A7
Not the best scan but the fins seem to match

82-6-4-17.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Freaky

you have the rocket motor from a 2.36 inch M6A6 bazooka rocket
i have a inert sectioned one with the exact same markings etc.
hope you like the pictures below

from Bazooka Chris

2.36 fin.jpg2.36 sectioned.jpg

Last edited:
Nice picture ordman you edited your original post and added the picture at exactly the same time as i was writing my post :laugh:
The rocket would have to be a M6A6 round though as the head had exploded as the m7a7 rounds like in your picture are practice rounds, but now thats got me puzzled with the one in your picture having that type fin and not the circular one.
Right i am off to dig out my data books and have a look.

from Bazooka Chris

Last edited:
Hey Chris
ment 2.36
I have have about 160,000 drawings scanned I remembered seeing this particular one the other day when I was scrolling through looking for another drawing
I'll have eto check the design date on the drawing and if there are any revs to it. I just picked up an experimental 2.36 with reverse folding fins like what are on the law rocket
I'll post picks soon

Chris

I have rev dates up to 1953 on the M6 and M7
This fin was also used on the M10A4 WP
If you send me your e-mail I can send you the scans
They are all in TIF format at this time I'm slowly converting them to JPGs

Thanks for the answer gents. If I have understood it right I only need a head and a fuze from any M1Ax rocket and does anyone have a spare head and fuze to trade?
Bazooka Chris, does your rocket have any painted letters on to it?
Have anyone a description of the different rockets? M6A1-A6/A7? Is it only improved rocket motor and fins?

Cheers
Freaky

I found some other manufacturer for CXM in the US Ammo MFG codes TM

cox mfg co (cxm)

route 3 box 222c

san antonio, tx 78218