What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identifikace

Jardy

Prosm o identifikaci střely, pořpadě Pokud bude možno dt obrzek je hilsnou.Dky Jardy

:tinysmile_shy_t:Buy from Belgie.Prosm identifying missiles pořpadě If possible, give the picture is hilsen.Dky Jarda

Attachments

• 271020091339.jpg
    271020091339.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I know Jardy wants the round identifying but can anyone translate the text in the above post please

It appears to be the APCBC-HE-T M61 Projo for the 75mm Sherman, missing the Ballistic and AP cap and rotating band. The three indentations on the ogive are where the AP cap crimps on. I have one just like it with rotating band.

I'm sure DJ Harms has a sectioned one to show. Yes, it is here:

http://www.wk2ammo.com/showthread.php?t=1204

The one discrepancy that I see with the unidentified piece, is that it doesn't appear to have as many crimping cuts for the piercing cap to crimp into, as the examples I've shown.

Attachments

• 75mm M61 Datasheet 2.jpg
    75mm M61 Datasheet 2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 75mm M61 Datasheet 3.jpg
    75mm M61 Datasheet 3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 75mm M61 Datasheet 1.jpg
    75mm M61 Datasheet 1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
  • M61 Assembly variations.jpg
    M61 Assembly variations.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thank you so much, Hazord, help with id. 75 millimeters?? Sherman???

Attachments

• 75 mm..jpg
    75 mm..jpg
    70 KB · Views: 13
  • 75 mm,.jpg
    75 mm,.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Jardy,

Yes, 75mm Sherman U.S. pattern. The round you show in your photos has two rotating bands, evidently an after-war design or a product of another country, possibly designed for higher velocity. If your projectile came from Belgium, it was most likely "Battle of the Bulge" related.

Last edited: