What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you go to the woods today..........

Edwardc

you might find half of a Soviet RPG-7 (I think!)

RPG-7Medium.jpg

This was in the most remote part of a former Soviet Training Area (Lossa) in Germany, we also found soviet canteens and shoes and a bunch of other random stuff like rotted out vehicles and a bunker (which was our main target lol)

needless to say we didnt pick it up or fiddle with it, but it certainly pays to keep your eyes open! We were not in any of the red or yellow prohibited areas (those that know what Germany is like re. ex-training areas will know what i mean) but basically red areas on maps = keep out certain death, yellow area = rusty crap that can hurt you and potential death, blue areas = rusty crap that can hurt you but feel free to picnic.

we skirted round a heavily triple fenced area that has buried gas shells from WW2 *EEK*

Your definitions are much more fun, to the point and memorable than anything official. Thanks.

Yeah seems Every where you go in the woods in germany is 'verbotten' it's great! I just summarised the exclusion points, it's way more complicated than that but you get the drift. I avoid red areas and try to avoid the yellow areas as much as possible. Blue areas you can still get I trouble I think though, but only if you get caught by the ranger. Also don't be tempted to drive your car into the forest on the handy concrete tracks, it's a 70euro on the spot fine!!!