What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ignorant American Company Liberty Tree Collectors

Gspragge

Premium Member
I just tried to purchase this item from this company - They won't ship to Canada
or to a U.S. Address for me either. What a stupid outfit, why are they even in bussiness, the object of selling is to sell isn't it ?
I run into this form of idiocy on ebay occasionaly - There are places one would not want to ship to , but Canada ?

And it's hardly a stellar item nor a threat to international peace. In a brief but less than useful conversation with them
it was suggested that I could be in Afganistan for all they knew. With the border closed maybe it's a good thing, keeps our
Germs in (we have an excess right now imported from India) and this kind of insular thinking out.

How can I respond, well I could stop sending items to my U.S. collector friends, but it's not thier fault is it.
So I'll just carry on a bit here ~ :xd:

The older I get the less I am able to put up with this sort of nonsense :banghead:

Now on the other hand A Fellow collector in the U.S. has stepped up and is sorting this out for me. So there you are
The Helpful Kindly American whom I am delighted to know.

I do not recomment this outfit. :tinysmile_angry_t:

Maybe my Cat got me up too early this morning ~
emoji_u1f638.png
He got fed and I got annoyed !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.35.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.35.20 AM.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Maybe they are suspicious that you are trying to get a Ross bayonet back to Canada, when (in theory) there must be plenty of them in Canada in the first place?

There are lots up here, but we sold 20,000 of them to the U.S. in 1917 To Help them out ~
There are quite a few very nice examples now in the U.S. with excellent mostly pre ww1 unit markings on them
for Canadian Militia/reserve units that you don't find up here. The example in question in my Rant came via the UK
though was made here in the beginning.