What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improvised Mines

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
During the last couple of months of WW2 the Germans began to Improvise mines buried in roads and bridges using bombs [ SC/SD 50 and 250s ?]and also Naval mines .Now how did they fuse these or did they just place a Tellermine above and hope for a smypathetic detonation.Any information welcome ,regards Dave

Like this dave :xd:
Photo's from the Imp. War museum site.

Attachments

• A_026042.jpg
    A_026042.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 118
  • BU_011307.jpg
    BU_011307.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 109
Nice pictures MB ,these seem to be wired for a controlled firing ,maybe demolition ?.In a report by the Fife and Forfarshire Yeomanry ,on their push north from Bergen to Wietzendorf they lost a Comet tank to a Tellermine linked to an aerial bomb [crew survived ?] and a Churchill tank [from another unit] been completely destroyed by a sea mine buried in a road

Dave,

A few years ago they found 2, 250 Kg bombs one on the right site and the other one on the left they where there to blown up the road and make the AT ditch complete in a town called Venlo here.

I must have a report on 3 G-mines put in a dike to blown it and it whas radio controled and the radio unit put in a well and booby traps were put on it 2 if i remember correct.

Some years ago in east Germany they found a magnetic mine in a road that worked with its magnetic fuze.

Thanks MB i bet the AT ditch was nice and deep with two 250 involved regards Dave