What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incendiary item identification

trrrr

Help with correct name of this item. That casing should be from 2WW German sabotage incendiary. Lenght 202 mm. FFE.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies up front. The small incendiary device is referred to as a "cigarette lighter". Post WWII vintage.

Last edited:
You're welcome! Hope it helps.

Sent from my NSA/FBI tapped iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi trrrr

Fairly sure that the "older item" is a large model of a German Naphtha incendiary. See Enemy Sabotage Equipment (Identification) May 1945 - Figure 22.

Cheers

Switch

Hi.
Fig. 22 model short, other model 2x longer. Their should be some difference in nomenclature. I still hope that somebody somewhere knows exact difference in nomenclature.

any idea where I can find a copy of Enemy Sabotage Equipment (Identification) May 1945

Hi weberoed - Check your inbox

Hi trrrr - I have never seen an Naphtha incendiary this size before, but the constructional details of rolled celluloid sheet, secured with woven adhesive tape, then coated externally with silver coloured powder ? Aluminium or magnesium? matches every other one I have viewed or handled. If there is a different nomenclature, I would also be interested to know.

Cheers

Switch

Everything is similar, except lenght. Even possible smoke. hmmm That silver coloured cover is strange. You have nice idea, maybe for match head.

Nomenclatures should be different, for sabotiers easier to order exact device from their sabotier storages.