What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Incussed m1913 German defensive discus grenade

Was recently offered a 1913 German defensive discus grenade. It was the same as other defensive discus grenades except one of the shell halves was incussed with HWB. I have a German m1917 rifle grenade also incussed with the HWB marking. I was very interested in obtaining the grenade but I thought it was much too steep at 600.00U.S. This was the first discus grenade (offensive or defensive) with a marking that I have seen.........Dano

ive not seen a marked one either dan, do you have a picture?
Not yet Paul, but going to re-visit the grenade (and owner) in the next week or two, then I will post a pic. Nothing real special but I thought it was way cool. I actually offered 350.00 which I thought was way high, and it brought a laugh from current owner. Now I am thinking trade? Gotta try..Cheers....Dano

Dan

A belated welcome back. And a thank you for my new "Word of the Day": INCUSS(ed).
Had never heard it before. Best description of stampings I've seen. Interesting.

Regards

Rick

Thanx Rick, Good to be back. I have collected bottles longer than ordnance and was taught that embossing was raised and incussing was in relief (or is it ei?).....Dano

"I before E, except after C, or when sounded as A, as in neighbor or weigh,"

So, you were correct the first time.

I had seen only this type of marking.Im not sure if this is markings or what it means.

Attachments

• Obraz 028.jpg
    Obraz 028.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 19