What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Information on 17-cm minenwerfer

Doug

Hi

Does anyone have detailed information on the German WW1 17-cm minenwerfer projectile. Specifically, the calibre diameter and details of the base area of the projectile. Was it exactly 17-cm or maybe between 17 and 18 cm?

Thanks

Doug

Google up

Hi Doug, Google up 17cm minenwerfer and you will get a multitude of hits. You will find out what you seek to know...Dano

Doug i have these details on the 17cm medium minenwerfer if theyre any use to you,,dano give people chance to reply before redirecting

Attachments

• 360c.jpg
    360c.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 362c.jpg
    362c.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 364c.jpg
    364c.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 446c.jpg
    446c.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 448c.jpg
    448c.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 63
170mm Minenwerfer

Hi Doug, Google up 17cm minenwerfer and you will get a multitude of hits. You will find out what you seek to know...Dano

Doug,
Photo of 170mm Minenwerfer in my collection.
Richard

Attachments

• WW1 Shells 014.jpg
    WW1 Shells 014.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 63
Brass/Bronze/Copper ?

That is a very nice item Richard, saw what I think were two of those at Beltring, is the Band pre-engraved and made of Brass/Bronze as opposed to Copper ?

Brass Bands

Hi Chris,
The band is pre cut and made of brass.
Richard

Thank you Richard, the same as a larger version on sale at Beltring then.
I did wonder whether or not they had been re-banded.

I think the ones Ben had on his stall were around the 250 mm Calibre mark !
But still the same bands.

Attachments

• Brass banded.JPG
    Brass banded.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 55
Thank you all - from the dimensions, the museum item is not a 17-cm minenwerfer. I will start a new thread under unidentified.

Doug