What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting 20mm rounds

Spaceinvader

I was looking on Delcampe, and found these rounds for sale, and ive never seen the 2 in the middle before. Can someone explain what they are? They remind me of the US purple 20mm test rounds. Is that what those are too? Or something else? -Rhys

Some projectiles do look interesting and could be from tests. Regarding the cases I think there is a lot of wild stuffing ala "hole plugged - dude satisfied"!

I agree with EOD. Someone with a handful of projectiles or repro projectiles and a handful of a variety of 20mm cases played plug the hole because everyone knows that any 20mm projectile is proper with any 20mm case.

Avoid this idiot vendor like the plague!

Those are 20mm Vulcanhispanorcs! One size fits all in the Fantasy 20mm Vulcanhispanorc MK1, 2, 3 or any other MKs! Those rounds are like a deadly snake we have here called a "Copper Mouth Diamond Head Rattler Moccasin". Nice Projectiles though.............................

hello
the projo with blue "fuzes" are reals projo "proof testing" for the 20x139 F2 auto canon (in the past i had a complete round with this projectile painted same blue for TP)

For those who were interested in that strange blue tipped projectile:
I do have these delcampe rounds in my possession (I bought them for an American friend-collector)

It came in a (fired and re-crimped) 20x110 shell, and our friend ammogun told us the projectile should belong to a 20x139 round.

we werent sure of anything on this particular projectile, so I did compare the bleu tipped projectile to a 20x139 and a 20x110RB projectile, and the crimping grooves didnt match neither!

When compared to a 20x102 projectile, the crimping grooves are spot on.

So my guess is that it is in fact a 20x102 projectile

Someone draws a different conclusion ? (or has some original documentation about it ?)

Attachments

• projectile.jpg
    projectile.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 17
  • projectile2.jpg
    projectile2.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 14
  • crimpinggrooves1a.jpg
    crimpinggrooves1a.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 19
  • crimpinggrooves2a.jpg
    crimpinggrooves2a.jpg