What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting MK II

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
While it is somewhat of a run of the mill MK II, the fact that it is painted almost completely grey with no trace of yellow on them at all. The fuze is an M204 and the filler was flake TNT (now completely removed thanks to a bit of WD-40).

Attachments

• Grey MK II.jpg
    Grey MK II.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 34
This fuze is the Korea type, I mean the used at the Korean War. After WWII the standard M10A series was replaced and upgraded by the M204/5 series. About colour I have a WWII MKIIAI grenade painted in grey with the yellow collar, but have no idea why this colour. Maybe a testing colour.

Attachments

• Gr MKII 1.jpg
    Gr MKII 1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 43
This fuze is the Korea type, I mean the used at the Korean War. After WWII the standard M10A series was replaced and upgraded by the M204/5 series. About colour I have a WWII MKIIAI grenade painted in grey with the yellow collar, but have no idea why this colour. Maybe a testing colour.

Well according to what we were told, the "owner" of these was a Ranger in WWII an through later years so it's quite possible that it was something that they specifically did.

The M10A series was used until the end of the WWII and was in the beginings of the 50s when it was changed by the new model. So it is not possible that a WWII Ranger had this grenade from the War. From the Korean War, yes, bt not from the WWII.

The M10A series was used until the end of the WWII and was in the beginings of the 50s when it was changed by the new model. So it is not possible that a WWII Ranger had this grenade from the War. From the Korean War, yes, bt not from the WWII.

Ah yes, as I said he was a Ranger in WW II and through later years. While I don't know when he left the service (as he is dead now) I would expect that based on the grenade he was in later than the late 1940's.