What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it real or ?

REDHAT6

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Hello all,

I was look at for some 2.36 inch rocket pictures for a class and I came across the photograph. I have no problems with items 1,2,3,4 from the left the the last one #5 has got me wondering if it was real, it was called XM MKII Grenade warhead made for fighting in the hedgerows of Europe,or was it someones tech and tell problem? I am thinking not real (but not difficult to have made back then), but the knowledge base here is out of this world so I am inquiring.

Thanks for your time

Left to Right M7 practice, M6 HEAT, M7a3 practice, M6a3 HEAT, XM MKII.jpg

I am sure I have seen this set up before somewhere... so I think it is real

I'm afraid I cant provide any further information though as yet

Kev

One reference I have (The Bazooka) notes this example (two MK2s) was never accepted for service.

On a side note, considering the ring(s) would need to be pulled prior to loading, well, that just wouldn't be practical in the heat of battle.

Last edited:
I found this so I guess it is real. As usual learn something new everyday in the ordnance arena.
[FONT=&quot]MII gnds.jpg[/FONT]