What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israeli No36 grenade question

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
I collected an Israeli No36 practice or drill grenade this week from corblimey,really nice item i will post pics when i get home at the weekend.Anyway does anyone know when these entered israeli service,are they still in service,,and did Israel make them themselves or where they supplied to them,and if so by who_Originally painted white the striker is blunt it has no pointy bits at all ,the body is sand filled which makes me think even tho painted white as per the old uk practice colours and having a blunt striker it makes me think its just a drill / instructional piece.the sand could have been added at any time to make up to full weight.can anyone help with these questions....thanks for looking spotter

The Israelie copy of the No36 is known in Israel as the No. 4. The white ones are indeed Practice grenades. Once I can dig my way into my files, which at the moment are buried under piles of crap (renovating right now) I have some documentation on them. I haven't seen any particular markings on them as to manufacturer, but I am certain they were manufactured in Israel.