What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is what it says it is on the tin!

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Hello everyone,
The postman delivered this today..
As they say 'It is what it says it is on the tin', however this isn't really in my usual scope of collecting so I'd like to ask if anyone has any more information about it? Maybe some drawings?
Also is it correct?
My reason for adding it to my collection is that I have read that a 1lb guncotton slab was used to dispose of SD2's, which proved not to be the case in many instances when all it did was to fling them into the air, along with the 10% that failured to do anything at all. So other methods proved more effective.
So is this the 1lb guncotton charge that was used? I am presuming that the whole tin would have been detonated? (or were the contents removed prior?)

As you can see from the photos one side of the tin is missing, so this item is totally inert, basically just a tin.

Heres the pictures, and if anyone can help me with info, thanks in advance.

cheers
Kev

HPIM4852.jpgHPIM4854.jpgHPIM4849.jpgHPIM4856.jpg