What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Hollow charge bomb series

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,
I need clarification on this doc.
Is the first diagram show 3kg bomb ?
Weight of the second ?
Regards

1.jpg

I think that the configuration was nearly the same for most of the smaller ones, so it could be any. I have a picture of one that I've seen, it may be a few days before I can look for it.

Hello,
I need clarification on this doc.
Is the first diagram show 3kg bomb ?
Weight of the second ?
Regards

If you don't know it, try this site : https://www.talpo.it/elenco-bombe-aereo.html

Scroll the chapter "Bombe de aereo - WW2", you'll find an English book about Italian bombs and fuzes. There is a chapter and pictures about hollow charge 3,5 kg (and sure other intel about Italian bombs !)

Yoda

Thanks a lot, this is an exceptional picture a such a rarity.
I am however puzzled by 2 questions concerning this bombs:
1) Till now I have been unable to find any record of operational use of this bomb (OP1668 report that this one the only bomb "used or manufactured" - a strange formulation....).
2) How such bombs could be "carried and delivered" on the aircraft - their shape seems to prohibit the use of the various known Spezzionere for these (I'm speaking of the 3 kg bomb - apparently the only one that may have been used in operations)