What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian Human Torpedo Fuze

Andy M

Hi all,

I am currently working on an Italian SSb human torpedo and would be forever grateful to anyone who can confirm what the warhead fuzes look like, ours are missing and none of the other surviving examples of this weapon have them fitted either.

Through this site I have found pictures (below) of the earlier and I believe similar SLc fuze but the SSb version has an 82mm x 2 thread fitting it to the warhead, were as the SLc has no visible means of attachment.

spoltre.jpg

Hope this all makes sense

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy

I have two of these fuzes, but I am not quite sure which variant they are. One is identical to the one pictured in your first post, except it has a smooth rather than knurled base ring. The second is longer in the body, but shows no signs of any threads to connect it to the charge. No camera available at the moment, but bear with me, and I will try and get you some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers

Switch

Thanks for the replies Switch and Minenaz16,

Switch, I'd be very interested in seeing your fuzes, I intend to replicate a set to complete the exhibit otherwise we'll be stuck with four gaping holes in the warheads!

Here are a few pics of the warheads in question

This is the forward, smaller warhead, the internal picture shows the tubes for the fuzes and detonators and the final pic is the hole for the fuze

Cheers Andy
P1100009.jpg

P1110011.jpgP1100007.jpg