What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian WW2 Wood Box Mine

Seems Germans copied more things that most people think from the Russians. The Fragmentation Sleeves for the M24 Stickgrenades were also copied from the RGD33 Sleeves.

The 120 mm heavy mortar "12 cm Gr.W.42" cloned from the "120-mm Minomet obr. 1938 g." and many others items ...

To remain on landmine subject, let's see the russian AT YaM-5/10 and You can quietly understand the origin of the Holzmine 42 and the Panzerschnellminen.

stecol

Last edited:
Thanks Stecol! this is all great information that is not too well known it seems. I have even more respect now for my Russian items I have been collecting. The Russians made some very practical and efficient items that many seem to have copied.

Yes, Germany subestimated their industry, but Russians were very practical with all their guns and vehicles. More or less than the USA. Meanwhile Germans produced one Tiger Tank, Americans produced 30 Shermans and Russians 30 T-34.