What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Items found at old ammo dump!

BlackBull

Hi Guys,

I've recently got these items which were dug from the site of a WW2 ammo dump in southern England. Can anyone help identify these pieces?

Cheers,
BB

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 036.jpg
    Picture 036.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 037.jpg
    Picture 037.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 79
Packing parts perhaps

Pictures 1 to 4 look like the top or bottom of a "charge" container and may be Naval in origen.
Pictures 5 and 6 are of a container lid for some item of explosive or hardware.

Perhaps you could picture them again with some form of scale/ruler in the picture to gain an accurate size of the items.
Interesting finds however and good luck with a definitive identification.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum !

Cpl Combat to the rescue ??????????

Pictures 31, 32 and 33 look like a 29mm spigot mortar . The brass item with a nipple looks like the propelling cartridge. The inside diameter of the tube should be 29mm. Note thae cartridge may be live!
Cheers
Hangarman

Pictures 31, 32 and 33 look like a 29mm spigot mortar . The brass item with a nipple looks like the propelling cartridge. The inside diameter of the tube should be 29mm. Note the cartridge may be live!
Cheers
Hangarman

With note to the last sentence here.
We seem to have a large influx of detecting finds lately? Im absolutey sure there are rules on BOCN regarding dig ups.
Take care out there and dont blame BOCN if somebody comes unstuck with a dug find...:tinysmile_cry_t:

best

waff

I'll guess at number 1-4 that it is and end cap for a tube/cylinder/container No 36 mk II. Not a lot of help cos it says on it :p I don't have many references for this type of container so I can't tell you what it might have held.