What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's a matter of trust

I started this because I find that BOCN members are some of the most trusting and trustworthy people I have ever encountered in my entire life. What does that say for humanity? I have been sent stuff on faith and likewise have sent out stuff on faith. I have never been burned nor have I ever burned anyone. Kind of restores ones faith in mankind. What a tight knit group. In this crazy world when it seems everybody seems to be out to cheat his fellow man, then you run into something really good like this. This kind of behavior is just so awesome to me, and I am talking about many individuals, not just a few. You know who you are and mentioning names would just cheapen a good thread. I had to write something because this just blows me away especially in this gererally un-trusting world in which we live. This is not even mentioning the wonderful individuals who just send something out of the kindness in their heart. With me these deeds always get re-paid in one form or another, because that's the way I am. Really folks, thankyou to all from the bottom of my heart....Dano

Last edited:
AWWWWW WE ALL LOVE YOU DANO!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Ah man! I have a lump in my throat!
I kow what you mean. Common interest deffinitely bring people together for the best. I was thinking the same a couple of years ago. I made my mind up that humans were horrible and we should all stay away from each other. I started Judo as a new hobby and quickly realised that everyone at the dojo were very similar to me and I got on very well with all of them. I suppose it's the same thing here. We're all "that type", and we're compatible I suppose. Your right, there are nice people out there, I think we must just notice the bad ones more often.

I started this because I find that BOCN members are some of the most trusting and trustworthy people I have ever encountered in my entire life. What does that say for humanity? I have been sent stuff on faith and likewise have sent out stuff on faith. I have never been burned nor have I ever burned anyone. Kind of restores ones faith in mankind. What a tight knit group. In this crazy world when it seems everybody seems to be out to cheat his fellow man, then you run into something really good like this. This kind of behavior is just so awesome to me, and I am talking about many individuals, not just a few. You know who you are and mentioning names would just cheapen a good thread. I had to write something because this just blows me away especially in this gererally un-trusting world in which we live. This is not even mentioning the wonderful individuals who just send something out of the kindness in their heart. With me these deeds always get re-paid in one for or another, because that's the way I am. Really folks, thankyou to all from the bottom of my heart....Dano

Nice one Dano:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
This kinda reflects how everyone i have encountered on BOCN conducts themselves.
I think profesionalism in our hobbies goes hand in hand with trust.

Always a pleasure

Best phil

Group hug! yaaaay!! :knuddel:

Its ok dano matey,i know what you are saying man. :)
Ive sent some of those one-pounders im flogging on SA around the world and the buyers are only just paying up. I did it mainly on trust as well as to avoid an apparent strike by the PO coming up.

best

waff

Hi Dano,
Well put mate, I think it makes a really nice change to meet ( even if not in person ) a lot of other like minded people who share the same interest and passion for their hobby. I have had many happy dealings with fellow members and look forward to many more. Thankyou all for making this the great community that it has become, best regards Weasel.

Good on ya Dano!

Well, when you deal with like minded individuals that have a passion, that, coupled with people that have a good reputation and morals, leads to trust.

Its too small a world to "rip off someone" and not have the world know.

To me personally, my reputation and self-respect cannot be bought or sold for a few dollars in items.

I see by the responses that there are many like minded people here.

Somethings just cant be bought or sold and Integrity is one of them...

just my 2 cents :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Deeds of honor

Kind of brings to mind a movie "Pay it Forward". In short one good turn deserves another. There has been incident after incident where I wanted a piece and asked the seller to hold it for a few weeks and lo and behold they would send it and say pay me when you get the money! I in turn have done the same for others as well. It just makes for a quasi cool enviornment, never asking but it happens just the same. Just how cool is that? This is something totally unexpected and not soliscitied but just happens! And the trade deals are just icing on the cake, Many thanks to untold numbers. I do it too and with 100% great results thus far. I recently wanted a grenade badly and the member knows just how badly I want this grenade and knows I don't get paid till 3rd of month, sent it and said pay me when you can. This is but one of many examples, and i'm just blown away to say the least. In a world where the word trust seems to be a dead issue it certainly is a welcome breath of fresh air. Oh hell, I could go on and on but I think you all get my gist. This is a great world and I am proud to be a small part of it. If there is anything I can do for anyone, please don't even hesitate to ask.....Dano

Last edited:
Hi Dano, well said that man perhaps this site brings the best out in people i have made lots of new friends on here and i am glad i joined up and well done to the team who runs it.
Me done
Andy

Last edited:
"We few, We happy few, We band of brothers".
"Let he that joins the BOCN be Danos brother be he ne'er so base":tinysmile_fatgrin_t

I totally agree with you Dano, I too have been the recipient of this same generosity of spirit. The strange thing is, we as collectors of ordnance are sometimes viewed by the world of bleeding hearts, tree huggers, Police etc. as slightly wonky because of our hobby, but where else can you find true respect and trust such as on this forum.

The day I found BOCN was a really great day for myself.

Cheers

Iain :tinysmile_shy_t:

Yep. Ditto what everybody else says. Ye reap what ye sow.