What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itty bitty bullets

Slick

A recent tour of a way cool manufacturing plant, that included CNC lathes and milling, plastic molding, huge sheet metal punchers and forming equipment, along with an anodizing room, allowed me the opportunity to investigate what expense would be involved in crafting some .30-06(cal. .30) in half scale. I had an example from one of my 1/2 scale MGs for spec-ing. Our guide was a college roommate of my oldest son, so the inside connection allowed for a small run of 100 of these rounds. Let it be known, CNC machining don't come cheap. Besides material cost, which was nominal in comparison, set-up and machine "fees" reflect the expense of the equipment. Some of those machines run in $500,000 -$750,000 range, so they ain't inclined to do things for free. Bottom line, the total cost quoted was kissing $200!!!! I declined and resolved the 7 each would suffice for display purposes. But I underestimated my son. A text message advised I needed to run by "Zack's" and pick up my bullets. All 108 of them. A heavy bag full of little, solid brass bullets. To fill the belts. Which I just completed. And here are some pics.

I have some extras, so if anyone else has one of these, here's a golden opportunity to fill your belt. Sale or trade.

IMG_1354 (800x535).jpg IMG_1359 (800x327).jpg IMG_1353 (800x535).jpg IMG_1355 (600x800).jpg IMG_1357 (800x304).jpg IMG_1360 (800x446).jpg IMG_1362.jpgIMG_1362.jpg

And here are a couple of bullet pens I picked up recently. The smaller one is "bolt action", with a rifle for the pocket clip, the .50 has a twist function. Just more "stuff" to have layin' around. Cool pens, tho.

IMG_1366 (800x513).jpg IMG_1367 (800x329).jpg IMG_1368 (800x473).jpg IMG_1369 (800x376).jpg

Hi Slick,Fantastic,they look superb in the display,I bet you would be able to sell a few of those half scales quite easily,well done,and well done to your son for doing something to surprise his dad,
Thanks for showing,
Regards,
Don.

Hi Slick, They are the dogs wotsits! Like the pens too. What's next on the list? Bayonet tooth picks, sorry I mean interdental stimulators !! Cheers Hangarman