What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese 37mm Base Fuze????

Lou

Hi guys,,, Well I picked up this little base fuze,was advertised as Japanese 37mm. I was hoping someone could give me a hand figuring out the marks??? I recently picked up a new camera so I hope that between the 4 photos there should be clear enough shots to get all the kanjis. Thought it was interesting theres a crossed cannon and flaming bomb ordnance mark. Ive not seen both on the same piece before..
JBase 024.jpgJBase 025.jpgJBase 026.jpgJBase 027.jpg

The crossed cannons are for the Osaka Army Arsenal and dated Showa 2 (1927) and the closest match that I could come up with for what resembles a flame is the Tokyo Explosives Factory - dated Showa 7 (1932).

I'm getting a bit dizzy looking at the upside down photos. At least the last one is the right way up.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Last edited:
Thank you thank you,,,,, and sorry again about the upsidedownsies.

Heres a few shots of the rest of it.

So what might be the deal with the different dates,and extra markings??? Factory rework????

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 55.JPG
    55.JPG