What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese 70kg bomb - markings wanted

EOD

Could anyone supply the correct and full markings of this Japanese 70kg naval bomb? The "Japanese Explosive Ordnance" is just giving "grey with green band".
I'd be interested in details as what grey tone, what green, where the band was located, width etc. and in particular how applied characters may have looked like, where located, color etc.
Anyone?

Japan_70kg.jpg

There are very few bombs out there, let alone with the correct paint. I can get you a photo of a bomb in the correct (original) gray, and I can get you a picture of something else with a correct green, but not both together. Send me an e-mail address.

I don't think I've ever seen any additional markings on a bomb larger than submunition size, at least not original .

Jeff, I sent you an e-mail.

BLU-97, thanks for the link. Unfotunately there was no description of this one.

I've got some B&W photos of many of the bombs as found by landing forces, none with visible marking other than the occasional band. JO