What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese stick grenade...

V40

Guys I have one of these in my collection, but as of now, after 24 hours of searching my Bunker, I still cannot find it.:tongue:

Anyhow, it has a black cylindrical head with what appears to be Japanese markings on the top side of the stick handle. It is about 8-9" tall, maybe shorter. The stick part has a hole from base to the bottom head. There is room in the base to put the friction igniter. There are also 3 screws holding the head onto the stick. Would this be Japanese? Does any body else here who collects Jap grenades that have a picture or two?

Thanks,

Mark:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Hi Mark. It sounds like a Jappa. Cheers Colin

Last edited:
Mark, it sounds like either a Japanese Type 98 (left) or, Chi-Com Type 67 (right). In the first picture, you can see traces of a kanji stamp on the type 98. In the second picture, are traces of a paper label. The Chi-Com has only an ink stamp, on the handle. That's a date of '68. The two main differences, are head size, and that the Chinese version, has a threaded metal end piece, where on the Japanese, the wood itself is threaded. As the Chinese is painted red, I think it's for practice? Will post it in another thread. M.P.

Attachments

• mornin 028.jpg
    mornin 028.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 36
  • mornin 029.jpg
    mornin 029.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 24
  • mornin 031.jpg
    mornin 031.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 20
  • mornin 030.jpg
    mornin 030.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Colin,

Yes, in the first picture I own both. It is the left one that I am missing. Thanks for the pictures Trenchwarfare, those really helped out quite a bit.

Once I find it would their be anyone out here willing to trade for it?

Jap stick grenade?

Here are three pictures of the device. It is pretty clean to.

Also, by the way, the book is up for trades to.

Attachments

• Jap Grenade 001.jpg
    Jap Grenade 001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Jap Grenade 002.jpg
    Jap Grenade 002.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Jap Grenade 003.jpg
    Jap Grenade 003.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 28