What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese Stielgranate

genkideskan

Honoured Member RIP
Here is annother less known ordnance. Thats what I have found out so far.This is a picture I recently discover showing a japanese 3,7cm AT gun equipped with an AT grenade. That is what we used and designated a "Stielgranate". A rod type AT shell inserted into the muzzle of a somewhat outdated AT gun and fired with a propelling cartridge. In Germany there are shells introduced in various calibers up to 15cm.
I never have seen a japanese grenade of this type befor, but it is logical that out of axis cooperation this design was tested
in Japan too. Any idea about use, designation, drawings ect?
Any other infos available? It is interesting that there might be a propelling cartridge in 75mm and 37mm.

It was called "Gaiso Ta-Dan" (Out-charge AT grenade). There were two models of Gaiso Ta-Dan, Model II for Type 94 37mm AT Gun and Model I for Type 41 75mm Mountain Gun.

Gaiso Ta-Dan Model II for Type 94 37mm AT Gun
Length : 456mm
Penetration : 100mm

Gaiso Ta Dan at trials

Last edited: