What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese supply dumps

BOUGAINVILLE

Hi all you guys,
I've just returned from 5 weeks holidays visiting my inlaws in Bougainville.
Had a great time and now since I'm back I'm slowly trying to wade my way through the heap of fantastic posts that I missed out on while I was away.

Because of transportation dificulties it was hard for me to get to check things out properly. I have a very good contact though who knows of tunnels full of japanese munitions still all sorted and stacked by their callibres. On my next trip my contact will arrange for me to see them.
Another excellent contact descibed to me a group of supply dumps in the jungle with the projectiles still in their crates with transit plugs and the fuses packed seperately. They tell me that the markings etc are still in excellent condition. The local lads usely set a few projectiles off every New Years eve. The evidence that I saw sujested that these paticular dumps were Japanese in origin.

What realy erks me is that there is a couple of scrap metal opperators hanging around and I just hope that it all doesn't end up there. I made a few people aware of the fact that it was all more valuable than just scrap or just toys for New Years eve.

I've given copies of my research material to some key figures and hopes that it has a posative effect.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Last edited: