What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey - Channel Islands Museum, St Ouen

SG500

Premium Member
I've just got back from a family holiday to Jersey for a week and what a good time we all had poking around lots of German bunkers and observation posts that are dotted all over the Island. I'll be posting some photos over the next few days just to show you all what a fantastic place it is to go.
Starting with one of those good old fashioned museums that is absolutely stuffed full of all those things we all like. Details are shown on one of the pictures, its situated in the North West of the Island at a place called St Ouen, and is in a WW2 German bunker. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
If ever you go to Jersey make it top of your list.
If you've never been to Jersey then make it top of your list also.

Dave.

Attachments

• Channel Islands Museum 5.JPG
    Channel Islands Museum 5.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Channel Islands Museum 1.JPG
    Channel Islands Museum 1.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 51
  • Channel Islands Museum 3.JPG
    Channel Islands Museum 3.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Channel Islands Museum 2.jpg
    Channel Islands Museum 2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Channel Islands Museum 4.JPG
    Channel Islands Museum 4.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 44
Hi Dave
They do have some great restoration projects in Jersey dont they !

Hi Dave
They do have some great restoration projects in Jersey dont they !

Yes Steve, if only I could get one of those little bunkers back to Wales, the collection would look so good in it.

Dave.

Did you see the war tunnels i think they call them now ?

Its interesting you use the word shuttering , a couple of years ago , i went around some bunkers in Guernsey , with a concrete expert (I didnt know people exsisted) and he talked a lot about shuttering ,and that once you started to pour you couldnt stop , he showed me instances of what happened if you do > a very enjoyable day bunker hunting.

Did you see the war tunnels i think they call them now ?

Yes I went to the War tunnels (or underground hospital as it used to be called). Some nice things in there too, including a very nice butterfly bomb - presumably an imported one as opposed to one that was dropped.
Dave.