What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kenricks WW1 No 36 Base plug

gothica7

Premium Member
Got this the other day.
A nice No 36 Mk 1 base plug from WW1 dated 7/18 and made by Kenricks. One for the collection.

Andy

Attachments

• WW1 No 36 plug.jpg
    WW1 No 36 plug.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 34
Hi Brad,

i have a relic one you can have, threads ok, it will screw into a gren but theres a few lumps missing from the rim.

Andy

Hi Andy,

You're most generous! That would be a fine addition to the collection.

Many Thanks!

Cheers,
Brad

Hi Brad,

i have a relic one you can have, threads ok, it will screw into a gren but theres a few lumps missing from the rim.

Andy

Question: rarity of #36 MK1 WW1 base plugs

Gentlemen, Just how rare is the Mills #36 MK1 WW1 base plug, and was the 36 a rarity in WW1 in general. I know millions upon millions of Mills grenades were made during the great war, but guess from this thread that not a great number were #36 MK1's????????? Dano

Hi Dano,

good WW1 No 36 base plugs are not that common as the 36 only came into service in September or October 1917 and was in service with the no 23/111 for a while.

You will see a lot more No 5s and 23s about as a lot more were produced. I cannot give you the figures but really good 36 plugs from the period are scarce.

Also, Dano, they wernt expecting many returns, chuckem n forgettem was the norm.

Andy

Last edited:
I have a few, mainly on grenades. Here's some photos.

John

Attachments

• SSCN5408.JPG
    SSCN5408.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 19
  • SSCN5407.JPG
    SSCN5407.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 16