What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ketchum Grenade

siegfreid

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
mvc-076s.jpgmvc-077s.jpg
US Ketchum grenade , Civil War era . Not a common grenade often found in Europe . Certainly not the first percussion grenade invented but probably the first made in any quantity . I believe these were not that effective at the time but you can clearly see the influence it had on later designs up to & including WW1 . The wooden tail shaft & stabilizing fins are missing . I hope this of interest to members who may not have seen one before . Mike .

Attachments

• mvc-079s.jpg
    mvc-079s.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 17
I believe David Mather who is a member on this site has one of these for sale, complete with wooden tail shaft and stabilising fins. Comes complete with a wooden and glass display case. I believe he was asking approx. £2,000 last year, it was in mint condition so I recall. If anybody is interested you should try to make contact with him and he may be willing show a picture of his example for everybody to see.