What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kugel Heaven

Millsman

Premium Member
The Kugel Art 'in between' grenade is pretty rare. I've been after one of these for ten years.

Got one last week on the Somme. Happy or what?

It can now join the other two on display.

DSCN2029.jpgDSCN2030.jpg

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Please replace "KUGAL" by "KUGEL". To German speakers that hurts the eyes (beside being incorrect and repeated all over).

John . Very nice Kugel . It's great to see what looks to be a totally genuine example as there were quite a lot of fakes of that model around a couple of years back . Thanks for showing it . Mike .

I too have been looking for this rare variation for some time now with no luck, anyway congrats on your find.

Please replace "KUGAL" by "KUGEL". To German speakers that hurts the eyes (beside being incorrect and repeated all over).

German speakers or not it's a typo. OOOPs. Not sure if I can change it now. Will try.

John

Dave . They just don't feel right if you've had genuine examples . Main thing is they're to crisp , if you know what I mean , & are seldom properly "dirty" inside . If you are ever offered one & you're not sure , drop me a line . Mike

Dave . They just don't feel right if you've had genuine examples . Main thing is they're to crisp , if you know what I mean , & are seldom properly "dirty" inside . If you are ever offered one & you're not sure , drop me a line . Mike

Thats funny, I have just sold my repro one of these, bought as repro and sold as repro. As Mike said, mine was sharp to the touch, much too new looking and very heavy compared to a genuine one. The fuze thread was good though and took a real fuze ok.

John . Very nice Kugel . It's great to see what looks to be a totally genuine example as there were quite a lot of fakes of that model around a couple of years back . Thanks for showing it . Mike .
Has their been known fakes of the 1st Model Kugel?