What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest additions

F

Fuzeman

Latest additions to the rapidly expanding collection, mostly were (15) , 2 types of (17) a (25) (25)B,s and a couple of (9) airburst fuzes but this one i thought worthy of putting on BOCN its a German (55)A fuze with the nose switch, the markings usually have the letter y (German meaning Additional) ? in this case the external wire and switch .
But this fuze is clearly stamped with an X and No its not been crossed out, which is what i first thought .

Attachments

• Latest additions 004.jpg
    Latest additions 004.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Latest additions 003.jpg
    Latest additions 003.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 37
Hi Jack
Thanks it was worth the rotten trip down the M25 on thursday to pick it up along with some other fuzes.

Latest additions to the rapidly expanding collection, mostly were (15) , 2 types of (17) a (25) (25)B,s and a couple of (9) airburst fuzes but this one i thought worthy of putting on BOCN its a German (55)A fuze with the nose switch, the markings usually have the letter y (German meaning Additional) ? in this case the external wire and switch .
But this fuze is clearly stamped with an X and No its not been crossed out, which is what i first thought .

Hi Steve post some pics of the others fuses please:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Hi phil
I hadnt bothered as they are only normal ECR fuzes , but i can soon post on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
By popular request here is the remaining fuzes they are
top row (25) dated 1939 next (9) dated 1939 then (25) dated 1939
bottom row (17) 1940 (28)B2 1940 last (25)A 1940
Nothing special about them, just good condition

Attachments

• Latest additions1 002.jpg
    Latest additions1 002.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 41
Nice early fuzes there,excellent pick up i would say! I assume that was quite an expensive afternoon you had?

cheers
waff

Hi Paul
Not at all , they were a gift for a favour i did a fellow collector, a couple of months ago, i didnt expect payment of any kind , so it was kind of shock , to be handed these.
the new car was the expensive thing .

Thats happy days then. Im finding that trade/swap is the way forward nowadays.
Even better with a freebie occasionally!
Must be a good pal to part with them for nowt! Has he just won the lottery! Next time ask him to pay for the new car! ;P

waff

Hi Paul
its all down to contacts nowadays, on my part there were no fuzes involved , so the collection grows but the clutter is dissapearing .

Hi Paul
its all down to contacts nowadays, on my part there were no fuzes involved , so the collection grows but the clutter is dissapearing .

Yeah,you not wrong there about a growing collection matey.
Im in need of some more shelves too!
Also my buddy Phil will also have to make space for this big box heading his way this week. ;)

anyhoooo,
Any more info on that 55 nose-switch please?

best
waff

Hi Paul
This fuze is used on SD bombs requiring intantaneus fuzing , the Dinort rod being screwed onto the nose of the bomb and the switch screwed onto the end , this way the bomb explodes fractionally above ground .

Cheers for that info. The Dinort of which you mention,i assume its the same as the one that Lexpev posted pics of last week? (Spike that goes on an SD50)

cheers

waff

Hi Paul
Yes its a steel spike that screws to the 50 or 70Kg bombs ,