What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lead projectile

hangarman

Can anyone identify these projectiles? They consist of a thin lead sleeve containing at least 2 lead rectangles side by side with a bit of sawdust. The base is a flattened roll crimp and the top has a 4 point star crimp. They are 11mm diameter, although they are more square than round.
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers
Hangarman

lead_bullets_005.jpg

Shot sabot

These are from the riot load of the .433 Egyptian Remington, probably loaded by Kynoch.

I think I have a factory drawing for it so will have a look and post it if found.

Regards
TonyE

Hi Tony,
Thanks for that, you've come up trumps again. Look forward to seeing a picture. Bought them from a dealer at a MV rally, strangely enough with some fired K G6Z .50 cases and links.
Cheers
Hangarman

Here you go!

This Kynoch drawing is dated 1922, but they continued to make the .433 Egyptian throughout the 1920s and 30s. The loaded example in my collection is headstamped "KYNOCH .433 E.REM".

The round is actually the 11mm M1869 Egyptian Remington for their Rolling Block rifles, but they continued in use by the Egyptian police for anti riot duties long after the army had finished with them. Kynoch just anglicised the calibre to .433". (they did the same thing with the 11mm Gras, calling it the .433 Gras).

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• 433 BJ17-114 2.jpg
    433 BJ17-114 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 35
Go to the top of the class!
Thanks for the picture Tony,it looks spot on for the slug i have.
Cheers
Hangarman