What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liberty Park Overloon, Holland

Rare Stuff

Some more pictures from the same place. Some of the items I have never before seen in reality and I only knew them from books.010.jpg011.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg022.jpg

Thanks for adding to the photos. I could spend days looking at the collection, there is just so much to see.

Dave.

Absolutly fantastic,I must try to visit that museum,many thanks for all your efforts taking and posting these pics,
Regards,
Don,

Re.: "Rare Stuff"

I think, that most of you will not recognize some of the items in my above post. It's the first time for myself that I saw these in a museum collection. I only recognized them, because some years ago I got a copy of a british publication dated 8/45 with the title RED. It's a catalog of sabotage stores used by the germans. Attached I post some photos from this publication which explain the above pictures :
3.Photo : top : 3 german fog signal relays and bottom : german tyre burster
4.Photo : german incendiary flare and at the right bottom : german plastic
5.Photo : probably german Big Orange Incendiary bomb, but could also be another similar looking item.004.jpg011.jpg006.jpg012.jpg009.jpg

Wishing you all an enjoyable weekend,
Bellifortis.

Popped down to Overloorn yesterday.
Here's a few more pics for those who haven't been yet.

Pete
DSC_9215.jpgDSC_9220.jpgDSC_9231.jpgDSC_9238.jpgDSC_9235.jpgDSC_9234.jpgDSC_9223.jpg

Can anybody tell me what the two red 'bracket type markings' [ ] mean? .... seen on the middle two items in the photo below

DSC_9234.jpg

regards Kev

Cheers Dave
Hadnt thought of that , can anyone confirm this?

regards Kev

Kev, there are a number of converted mills grenades all are marked with a red circle on the base plug which was the mark of Dutch EOD also i have a grenade with the marking, my butterfly bomb is marked with a red triangle which is the mark of the former Czechoslovakia Eod..... Dave

HPIM8507.jpgHPIM8508.jpg