What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limpet Mine Disposal Equipment (LMDE)

SCJB

Premium Member
I’m struggling to find anything on this piece of naval EOD kit (1960’s/1970’s UK). Would anyone have any leads to information or pictures?

I’m struggling to find anything on this piece of naval EOD kit (1960’s/1970’s UK). Would anyone have any leads to information or pictures?
Hi, Not sure if this is of any interest. I did a little research when I picked up this empty LMDE cartridge tin some time ago.

This company seems to be one of the current suppliers to the UK MOD, and there are others too. Thier website is quite informative :-

https://www.abp-technologies.co.uk/eod-products/limpet-mine-disposal-equipment-lmde

My empty tin was filled at Chorley CY in Jan 1987 and is marked : CART LMDE N2 MK1 etc... it's only 55mm x 40mm and the packing is smaller still, presumably a very small cartridge. DSC00407.JPGDSC00406.JPGDSC00408.JPG