What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for grenade-display tips...

Anders

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
Ordnance approved
I am looking for a smart rack or similar from were I can display my handgrenades. It has to look nice and professional and the grenades should be easily accessible for closer viewing.

How do you grenade guys display your stuff? Any tips are welcome and please dont hesitate to attach some photos of your display.

Here is part of my Mills display Anders.

It shows the development of the gren, starting in 1915 right through to 1972, plus a No 20 for added interest. The rodded grens stand in a drilled block of wood.

Andy

Attachments

• Mills display.jpg
    Mills display.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 72
Of course you know, that if they are easily accessible for viewing, then they are also easily accessible for pocketing by someone passing by, children, etc. If nothing else, a glass or polycarbonate layer between the grenades and the visitor hands, that can be unlocked by the user very easily for personal fondling.

I'm not sure what it's like where you live, but since a grenade looks real, it could be used as a hoax device in a crime, and the owner that allowed it to be stolen could be held partially responsible.

Just a thought.

Hi Anders.
heres how i display mine. just some strong shelves and a wood stand with holes in it for the rodded grens.:tinysmile_shy_t:
cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• grens.jpg
    grens.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 38
  • rod grens.jpg
    rod grens.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 33
Ikea shelf! Cheap and easy. Also comes with glasdoors if requiered.

Attachments

• Collection 8.jpg
    Collection 8.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Collection 2.jpg
    Collection 2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Collection 5.jpg
    Collection 5.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 35
I'm trying to make the same decision on how to display, I'm currently favoring using adjustable wall shelving units (screws directly to the wall) with 6-inch deep tempered glass shelves. Looks good, no dark shadows so lighting is easy and so far it looks like the price may be reasonable. I'm now looking at weight/support requirements before I begin drilling holes.

I'll chip in my 2 cents worth. I like displaying grenades in a "bunker atmosphere". I used to have a mock WW1 trench set-up until family issues forced me to move. It was my 2nd trench-dugout and a third one will be in my next abode. You kind of work the shelving into the theme...Dano

Attachments

• ordnance_pics_066_800x600.jpg
    ordnance_pics_066_800x600.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 20