What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for head stamp images of selected German 37 mm shell cases (37x94R44 mm Hotchkiss and 37x101SR43 mm Sockelflak)

Hoeksel

Hi all,

For an article that I will publish here as well I am looking for head stamps of the following shell cases (if they exist, I will mention where I doubt existence). I want to get a complete overview with proof (head stamp images), of some of the requested items below I know they exist but I just do not have a photo. Thanks to all willing to participate!

37x94R44:
- Shell cases made by "PATRONENFABRIK KARLSRUHE", with code 119A, dated 1910 or before, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1918.
- Shell cases marked "Sp255 h", with code 119A (they have large screw-in primer), any year that is not 1918
(maybe 1917 exists, but I do not expect earlier cases).
- Shell cases made by "PATRONENFABRIK KARLSRUHE", with code 5 (they have small pressed in primer), dated before 1910, 1911, or after 1912.
- Shell cases originally made without code 5 (shell case with small pressed in primer), but with a number 5 stamped in later
( I do have a 1915 made case, with "Ke and crown logo" inspection mark).
- Shell cases marked "Sp255", with code 5
(I suspect these do not exist).
- Shell cases made by "PATRONENFABRIK KARLSRUHE", no code 5 or 119A, with large screw in primer dated before 1901, 1902/1903/1904, or after 1905.
- Shell cases marked "Sp255 g" instead of the more common "Sp255 h".
- Shell cases marked "Sp255" without letter or a letter different than "g" of "h".
- Shell cases without code 5 or 119A, and a small press-in primer, made after 1908 ( I do have a 1915 made case, with "Ke and crown logo" inspection mark).
- Shell cases with a large screw-in percussion primer that does not have the typical small replaceable inner primer.
- Any shell cases that are German made and are head stamped significantly different from the more common shell cases typically found.

37x101SR43:
- Shell cases marked "Sp255 h", with code 119A (they have large screw-in primer), dated 1917.
- Shell cases marked "Sp255 g" instead of the more common "Sp255 h".
- Shell cases marked "Sp255" without letter or a letter different than "g" of "h".
- Any shell cases that are German made and are head stamped significantly different from the more common shell cases typically found.

No input yet from BOCN, maybe rephrase my question:

Who is willing to send me a batch of images of readable head stamps of any German made Lorenz/Karlsruhe/DWM 37x94R44 and 37x101SR43? If you PM me we can share mobile numbers and use WhatsApp or Signal, making it much less effort for you. The more head stamps the better! As said, I will share the end result on BOCN.

Ich habe 63 Hülsen, ich kann dir Fotos machen, Gruß Rüdiger
No input yet from BOCN, maybe rephrase my question:

Who is willing to send me a batch of images of readable head stamps of any German made Lorenz/Karlsruhe/DWM 37x94R44 and 37x101SR43? If you PM me we can share mobile numbers and use WhatsApp or Signal, making it much less effort for you. The more head stamps the better! As said, I will share the end result on BOCN.
mobil +491729030289