What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Manufacturer

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Here is an M811 40-MM ...

What company makes this (TRE being the manufacturer code for one of them and FL being the code for the other).

Joe

Attachments

• ICE-SM-673-3.JPG
    ICE-SM-673-3.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 39
  • ICE-SM-674-3.JPG
    ICE-SM-674-3.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 43
Cant help you, just want to mention the 2nd looks more like EL than FL

I agree with Hoeksel, it seems more to be "EL" in place of "FL" !

For "EL" I have : Eley Brothers, Ltd., Witton, Birmingham
If it is effectively "FL", I have : N.V. Franerex Laboreerfabriek, Hoogerheide, Holland
Badly, for "TRE" I have nothing !

Yoda

Does anyone know if Eley Brothers makes 40-MM HE rounds? Looking at the information on them, they are a small arms company. I don't see anything related to military style ordnance.

Joe

Joe,

I found both codes in the French "Repertoire des sigles ateliers - Forces armées françaises - 1987", but i'm not sure they made those 40mm/L70 projectiles...
The way the maufacturers/date/lot code looks, it's the American style to me (as is the M811 designation)

Attachments

• french EL code.jpg
    french EL code.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 10
  • french TRE code.jpg
    french TRE code.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 13
I agree ... very U.S.
However the U.S. manual on manufacturer codes doesn't have them in it. That is why I think they were made by another country for the U.S. just not quite sure who.

Joe