What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost in translation

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
ive heard of people getting excited about stuff in their collections but this is going too far.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 25_02_2013 , 16_19_41.jpg
    Screenshot - 25_02_2013 , 16_19_41.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 63
Well you can love your collection, just don't LOVE your collection.
Best Weasel.

I'm german and this seems to be a translation from german. I wonder what the german word could be, may be "abgeschossen" literally translated "shot off" = "fired". The attached german text is without any mistake, good german. I've seen many texts that have been translated by one of the many translation programs and they all were absolutely horrible. I have a beautiful book written in spanish about the Valencian fireworks industrie, the english translation printed along with it makes you want to throw the book away. It's absolutely horrible. I don't know of any translation program that is able to translate technical terms of any special interest. Living brains are still needed, luckily , as otherwise most of us would become jobless.
Bellifortis.