What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low flying aircraft, amazing!

That is really cool. The first part with the F-14 breaking the sound barrier for the carrier battle group was on the History Channel a few years ago. Seems that it was this carriers first time out with mostly a new crew. They do this for everyone's sake and to make it fun and break-up the boredom. Anyways, the Tomcat succeeds but when it did break the barrier their engine on the port side had a compressor malfunctioned (read: Detroyed engine immediately) and sent compressor parts over to the other engine causing it to catch fire. You can see this on the video. The pilot and his GIB (guy-in-back; seat) immediately ejected from the aircraft about three miles out. When they got back on board the carrier there eyes were still as wide opened as one could get and still in shock. No injuries either.

Here are some pictures from Oman,

I did have one of a Datsun 120Y that had been hit by a hunter but can't find it

The driver was one of the pilots and his mate thought he would bounce him, but got a bit to low. Both Car and Hunter were still driveable afterwards.

Attachments

• head-on-hunter.jpg
    head-on-hunter.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 36
  • jag.jpg
    jag.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 37
I was wrong it was a Toyota Corolla

Here are some more Jag pictures as well.

Attachments

• Corolla.jpg
    Corolla.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 39
  • jag3.jpg
    jag3.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 41
  • jag4.jpg
    jag4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 40
Hey guys,

How about this.
Some Dutch F16's performing their art at skin-ripping altitudes :thrasher:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R85TXNFphk"]YouTube- a bunch of low flying passes[/ame]

greetz,

Menno.

And look at this one, i stood on the grass in the front, just have to love the sound of it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2W9oQuwH04&feature=related"]YouTube- fly by chinook[/ame]

In real it was even better PZGR!! I was there at most of the clips, eating dust!!

Cheers Cornman