What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M105 Projectile

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Does anyone know in which year production of the US M105 projectile stopped?

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Weberoed, that's answered that question.
Next question, when did the M105 stopped being filled with chemical?

Cheers.

OK, I'm realy confused. I read the file that Mike listed. It says there is a 105mm M105 projectile. I'm thinking what it really means is that the standard HE projectile is the M1. I think the M105 is a typo. There is no M105 projo listed in any book that I have on artillery or any other source that I can find. Anybody else confused? Does anyone have a drawing or datasheet on an M105 projo?

The M105 is a 155mm projo with listed fills of WP, FS and HD.
It appears in the TM's

Pete

I think HAZORd makes a good point, the Picitinney page could have a type as it is refering to a 105mm. As for the 155 M 105 I can not find any reference to a chem filled round just the WP and FS. I'll go through my old DODIC books and see if I can pin down a year it was stopped being used.

My bad on the link with the error

The following manuals/books/references list the M105 as a chemical round.

Old chemical weapons guide - PMCD - 1998

Chemical warfare services field manual - Edgewood 1942

Characteristics and employment of ground chemical munitions - Edgewood 1942

Handbook of Pre 1946 chemical weapons

Pete

TM 9-1901 Artillery Ammunition 1944 lists it for WP, FS, and H (Mustard)

The M105 is NOT listed in the PEO Ammunition Systems Portfolio Book 2012 - 2013 http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a567897.pdf

Last edited: