What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M134 chem. long delay tail fuze, US

Mrfuze

Premium Member
Hello,
I want to shear some images of the M134 chem. long delay tail fuze with anti-withdrawal feature, used by the US during WW II and later. The fuze was used in 1000lb GP AN-M65 A1-, 2000lb GP AN-M66 A1-, 1000lb SAP & AN-M59 A1 bombs. The nominal delay was 15 min (at 85 degree F) , but it could vary from 6min to 80min, dependent on the surrounding temperature. Enjoy :tinysmile_shy_t:
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• M134 long delay, 2, US.jpg
    M134 long delay, 2, US.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 66
  • M134 long delay, 2a, US.jpg
    M134 long delay, 2a, US.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 72
neat!!

Nice example!
Does it work with sulfuric acid and a reactive chemical? or does the chemical corrode a restraining wire on a spring-driven striker?
Been "googling" all day- haven't been able to find anything on this one.

Last edited:
Fuze M134 Chemical Time Anti Withdrawl

you are correct in that accetone is used to soften a plug that retains a compressed firing pin spring .
See attached pages from manual
Steve

Attachments

• CIMG0006.jpg
    CIMG0006.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 65
  • CIMG0007.jpg
    CIMG0007.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 40
Always Learning;

I always thought the ampoule contained acetone.
Lear something each day.
Bart

@John.. It isn't an glass ampoule, it's a Cupro bellows construction containing the Aceton.

Attachments

• Bellow M132.jpg
    Bellow M132.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Bellow M132 snippet (Fr).jpg
    Bellow M132 snippet (Fr).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Mk 123?

Ah yes is it the Mk 123 that has the glass ampoule?
John

Bad Fuzes;

Thanks for jogging my memory. The 123 and 134 were really bad ones to deal with, however, I saw an old movie of how the Germans defeated it.
John aka Bart