What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M15 .50BMG link

kiwieod

does anyone know what gun/application the .50BMG M15 link was used in,you don't see it much .I would like to buy/trade some of this link as well

Attachments

• P1020967.JPG
    P1020967.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 41
thanks,why couldn't you use a M9 link in this gun?
I would like several hundred or more to make shipping worth while

Per wiki:
The M85 used the M15 push-through link to feed ammunition as opposed to the M2 or M9 pull-out links used on the M2 and M3 Browning machine guns.

And then this:
The M15A2 link is manufactured with partially open loops and has a positioning finger on one side which snaps into the extractor grooves of the cartridge to retain the cartridge in proper feed alignment. The link design permits a portion of bolt to ride through link loop openings and push the cartridges forward and out of the link into the chamber for firing. The M15A2 link is used with the M85 machine gun.

And here's a source:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/143120.htm

The M15 link found in NZ is almost certainly from the Singaporean dual feed CIS .50cal machine gun of the 80s/90s.
At least one of these weapons was demonstrated in NZ though no further interest.

I think I still have some of these links, though not many. I got them out of Japan several years ago with some Japanese headstamped 12,7x99 cases.

I would be interested in a few if you have any spare, 5 or 10 would be plenty for me

Rich

Rich, I've had a rummage and all I can find now are 5x M15A2 links with 4x 1978 dated Japanese 12,7x99 (.50 BMG) cases, headstamps are J-N S W78
Take a look at the pictures and PM me if you are interested in these. I would prefer a trade for something baton or irritant round related.

Attachments

• IMG_1831.jpg
    IMG_1831.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1832.JPG
    IMG_1832.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 16