What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M2 37MM Canister Round?

CPCOrd

DSC08596.jpgDSC08597.jpgDSC08598.jpgPicked this up today but not sure it is real or a repro. The shell is inert. The canister section has no white paint nomenclature or lot number but the tip of the shell does. This is the first one I've owned so not sure what it is. Any comments are appreciated.
regards,
CC

I have two. Never seen a repro. Looks real to me. You even have the correct case with the crimp line near the top. Nice find. One of these was sold on Gun Broker recently for $500.

Very nice find, getting difficult to get hold of these days, good to have the correct case to go with it as well. I have been collecting these US rounds for a while, it gets addictive.
Best regards Weasel

Thanks for the fast feedback and comments. I've not seen a complete 37mm round before other than on the web so without labeling I wasn't sure what I had but it looked good. My dad was in a light tank so I was excited to find it.
Regards,
CC

You are lucky he lived through that experience. The U.S. wasn't know for it's tanks in WWII, especially with the massive 37mm gun to start the war.

Sent from my NSA/FBI tapped iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of these were used in the Pacific, there is an image of a 37mm A.T. gun with many cases of canister
ammunition around them in a jungle setting. (Which I can't find at the moment)

These were the marines friend. On 37 mm M3 AT gun on each end of your firing line firing across the front stopped a Banzai charge instsntly.
The marines go so they stopped stocking up 37 MM AP round which tended to go right through a Japanese tank, sometimes without slowing it up, and used just HE and CANNISTER.