What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M329A1 4.2" mortar

Slick

I will be doing a little resto on the pictured round and was hoping someone here might take(and post) some good close-up/reference shots of the base and charge bag tube. Dimensions of the perforated tube would also be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Rick

Mortar, U.S., 4.2 inch M329A1 001 (Small).jpg Mortar, U.S., 4.2 inch M329A1 002 (Small).jpgMortar, U.S., 4.2 inch M329A1 005 (Small).jpg

P6180023.jpgP6180015.jpgP6180016.jpgP6180017.jpgP6180018.jpgP6180019.jpgP6180020.jpgP6180021.jpgP6180022.jpg
Hay slick
I have a compleat one with original marks and all
Here's some pics I have a loose propelant tube
Looks like Somebody chopped the center screw off the round
see last pic
ordman

Last edited:
Rick,

As Ordman has mentioned, you are missing the threaded boss on the base that holds tha base plate, rotating band, and the charge tube on your projectile. The base plate is usually aluminum, but the rotating band-plate is a copper alloy and the hardest part to find.

FYI, the fuze you show is 20-30 years newer than the projectile and is made for the base ejection artillery projectiles, like the 155mm submunition rounds. You will need a regular PD fuze to make things right with this one.

John:

Roger on the fuze. It's all I have at the moment. Fills a hole, such as it is.

Rick

Last edited:
Rick, looks like the base on GB is from an ejection round, but is should have what you need for the boss and the base plate, though the pusher plate is engraved. At the buy it now price, you can't go wrong. Like I pm'd you, I have a few un-fired brass pusher plates and I'll send you one. Also, is the fuze a M577 or M582? Let me know. Cheers, Bruce.

Hey Bruce you said you had a couple of unfired pusher plates I need one what would you be asking for one