What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M67 & M69 plus Confidence Clip

Fragman

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Hi Guys,

A while ago the US started using confidence clips on their M67 and M69's (see http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/81134-M67). After a bit of Googling I found the attached information.

Does anyone have one of these clips for sale or trade?

Cheers

Attachments

• Con1.jpg
    Con1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Con2.jpg
    Con2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Con3.jpg
    Con3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Con4.jpg
    Con4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 62
Hi. That would be great. Those flash bangs look like a great bit of kit! Cheers

Jolly,

If you can rustle up one extra of these fuzes with safety-clip, i would be interested in one.

All sorted. Thanks mate its much appreciated – you’re a legend. Cheers

Attachments

• M69.jpg
    M69.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 58
These clips (though they may have changed a little) were around in Viet Nam. basically the only big difference between a M 33 frag and a M 67 frag is the clip. I remember once when we were in an ambushed, I called for frag's one of my men threw 3 frags with no detonation. Lucky for us we were able to break contact and the VC fell back into their area. When I asked what the hell happened to the frags no one could figure it out and we thought they were bad grenades. So when we went to blow up the ones that didn't detonate we found these clips on them. All of a suden everyone remembered the jungle clip from basica and AIT, but we had been using the M 33 for so long that it was just something forgotten about.

Turned out we had them on newly issued WPs M 34's, up until, that point most everyone had a small piece of tape around the fuze.

my bad - just realized the big change to the clip. but in reading a former post, after we started using M 67s with the jungle clips no one used tape on their greandes anymore. Think the idea of putting tape back ont he fuzes (before this newer clip) may ahve come from old war stories.

Hi. It would be interesting to hear how the new clips are working out for current service people. They appear to be quite cumbersome to me. Cheers

Every time a unit went live on the grenade range at Polk, or in Graf- we knew we'd get a call. One in ten would be a hung up striker. The other 9 were someone forgetting to remove the clip. Best event was in Iraq, though- 3 grenades, one thrown in combat, the other 2 thrown to try and blow up the 1st. All of them still had their clips on.